Am about to address a class full of adolescents about blogging and the internet. I feel like Anerlise Keating without her signature wigs.
Welcome to blogging 101 kids.
Class is in session.
First and foremost. I know you lied about your age when you first signed up to these sites. I also know you scrolled down past the ‘terms and conditions.’ I see you. There’s no use in denying it.
Now that that’s out in the open, lets dive in shall we
1. Go through any social media site settings. Use it to your advantage.
2. When it comes to blogging don’t wait until “you’re ready.” Start. Start today. Start right now!
3. Share your work. It doesn’t have to be ‘perfect.’ It’s your work and you’re proud of it, share it.
4. Not every challenge is serious. Some are fun. Some bring awareness to certain situations. While some could end up killing you. Pick your challenges wisely. It’s okay to watch on the sides.
5. The internet is a shit hole filled with crappy people. Once in a while you’ll come across them. My number one rule is, ignore them. If you can’t, block them. The block button is your best friend.
6. If at any point people start bullying you, deactivate your account. Put your phone down, take a hot shower, read a book. It’s a jungle out there.
7. Not every discussion or trending topic asks for your opinion. You could avoid a lot of arguments when you let these trending topics slide.
8. Always remember this. People will do anything for clout. I get it, you’re broke. That doesn’t mean you should send nudes and do illegal things for money.
9. Everything is Photoshop and filters these days don’t fall for it. Instagram is guilty of this. That girl with a thin waist and large hips is not real, just Photoshop.
10. Always be on the lookout for grown men and women. They’re not to be trusted. They’ll tell you they love you and want to meet you. Never give them your home address or meet up with them.
11. Be open with your parents. If you’re being stalked by anyone, or an adult is asking you for favours. Tell your parents or your guardian. They’ll know what to do.
12. Don’t take those Facebook quizzes and games. Hackers can use them to get your info and all your accounts. Stay woke.
13. People who want to hide their identity make cat fish accounts. Since you lied about your age that means, the chicken nugget asking you to meet up for free food is basically R. Kelly about to happen.
14. Log out every now and then. It’s okay to go a few days without being online. It won’t kill you. Its good for you.
15. Fake news is real. You’ll find yourself reading some unbelievable stories. Turn to the website’s about page. There, you’ll find they’ve clearly stated they’re a satirical site.
16. Be yourself, be authentic, have fun.
Wait, did I miss anything?